Time to complete: 1-2 hours, not including the quick spray paint coat I gave the ceiling medallion
Cost: $9 for ceiling medallion at Home Depot (had all other supplies needed already)
Glue gun, glue sticks
Scissors, hole punch
Tape - Scotch tape and Gorilla tape
Split ring key tags
1. Spray paint medallion. I used black for mine.
2. Make paper medallions. Fold strips of craft paper into an accordion fold, and then fold in half. Glue pieces together. You can choose to decorate the paper medallions with paper shapes and embellishments.
3. Punch a hole in top for tying ribbon. Tie ribbon using hole, leaving a long length for attachment to ceiling medallion.
4. Glue mirrors or other embellishments onto key tags. Tie a ribbon onto the split key rings.
6. Using ribbon and gorilla tape for extra strength, I attached ribbon lengths to hold my chandelier and hook it (using floral wire) with a knob on our old light fixture. I have one tiny knob to work with so it's a bit tricky. It was important to keep the whole project light so I could safely hang it!
This is the finished product! Not bad for a faux chandelier made on a rainy afternoon.
Linking with Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest.
Linking with Feature Free-for-all Friday at Five Days 5 Ways.